Holiday time / Fruitcake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2009
How many out there have eaten a fruit cake that they like ??? 

I'm not talking about the commercial door stop fruit cake that your family has passed around for years that no one has tasted.

we have a fruitcake recipe that is from my grandmother that i love Looks like i will be smokin a fruitcake w/ a lil cherry next weekend.

I Love Fruitcake, they say you are what you eat. 

I like to take a whole fruitcake  and then pour a little RUM or Whiskey on it every day or so and wrap it in a tea towel to keep it moist... after getting it thoroughly saturated it is delicious just be careful not to over indulge...

we soak all the fruit in some spiced rum for a month b4 making the cakes.

Nope.  not one.  Wasted calories that could be spent on some great smokes or chocolate!!!

I agree with what James said (substitute beer for chocolate)!

It was a guy like him who relieved my sciatic nerve pain too! 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I make fruit cake every year.  thanks for reminding me to start getting things ready.  mine is brushed with apracot brandy  for a week then packaged with a bit more to sit till christmas.

Steve

icon_cool.gif

Now Bob you make a fruit cake and you soak all the fruit in rum for a month. So what are you making again???? A fruit cake or is that what you turn into after you eat it.!!!!!!!   LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky