1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Holiday time / Fruitcake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eman, Oct 30, 2010.

1. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

How many out there have eaten a fruit cake that they like ??? 

I'm not talking about the commercial door stop fruit cake that your family has passed around for years that no one has tasted.

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nope.  not one.  Wasted calories that could be spent on some great smokes or chocolate!!!

3. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I like the zuccini bread and banana bread that has taken it's place around here..

4. eman

we have a fruitcake recipe that is from my grandmother that i love Looks like i will be smokin a fruitcake w/ a lil cherry next weekend.

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

I Love Fruitcake, they say you are what you eat. 

I like to take a whole fruitcake  and then pour a little RUM or Whiskey on it every day or so and wrap it in a tea towel to keep it moist... after getting it thoroughly saturated it is delicious just be careful not to over indulge...

6. eman

we soak all the fruit in some spiced rum for a month b4 making the cakes.

7. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

I agree with what James said (substitute beer for chocolate)!

It was a guy like him who relieved my sciatic nerve pain too! [​IMG]

8. I make fruit cake every year.  thanks for reminding me to start getting things ready.  mine is brushed with apracot brandy  for a week then packaged with a bit more to sit till christmas.

Steve

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now Bob you make a fruit cake and you soak all the fruit in rum for a month. So what are you making again???? A fruit cake or is that what you turn into after you eat it.!!!!!!!   LOL