Holiday Sausage and my smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it's getting to be that time of year again with the holidays approaching. I decided to make 50 lb of kielbasa. 30 lb of jalapeno cheddar and 20 lb of plain. It's about a 3-day process. I pulled out the smoker and thought to myself how much sausage has gone through this smoker. I made this pig cooker back in the early '90s because when I moved to the South I was intrigued by the southern culture of pig picking. Shortly after building it I added a dual rack accessory for smoking sausage and bacon. She's being a good one. View attachment 518591
Propane fueled with amazin pellet tube
View attachment 518592
Foiled for easy clean up. The lower foil keeps the direct heat away from the bottom of the sausage and getting over cooked.
View attachment 518593
Ready to be mixed. Thought I would add some soy protein isolate this time.
View attachment 518594
All mixed
View attachment 518595
Casings ready to go
View attachment 518596

View attachment 518597
Using my gander mountain 15 lb stuffer. This stuff is a beast. I fabricated my own stuffer tubes.
View attachment 518598
4 hours of cold smoking with a pellicle formed will give the smoke something to adhere to and produce a perfect smoked flavor.
View attachment 518599
View attachment 518600
Smoker started at 120 and bumped up every hour until it gets to 190. With this mass it takes a little more to get through.
Finished at 155 internal temp.
View attachment 518601
Cooled in a water bath and ready to bloom in the fridge overnight

View attachment 518602
Hung on my biggest pot and into the fridge it will go. I call this the kielbasa cocktail
View attachment 518603
Vacuum packed and ready for storage.
Thanks for looking

Boykjo
looks great!

i had a 15lb LEM stuffer, was awesome.

Got the LEM 20lb motorized. so much easier to stuff with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky