Holiday Meltaway Bump

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well folks, just finished batches 3 and 4 today. Did a little twist as an experiment and it came out really well. did one batch with dark semi-sweet chocolate. Super good. A little deeper chocolate flavor but not a rich as milk chocolate. The other batch today I used crunchy peanut butter for SWMBO. Gotta admit, the added crunch really adds another dimension.

This needs to end or I (and the dog) are gonna weigh 500 pounds :emoji_laughing: The problem is that these things are more addictive than crack cocaine. Got a half dozen of the neighbors hooked on them already with holiday packages being readied for delivery.

Robert
That is why I am afraid to make them...need to score some sugar free wafers before I attempt.

I believe hobby stores carry the wafers as well...

I didn't even try to use a bag for the crunchy as I knew it would clog the hole... So I just spooned it into the cups ...

I believe hobby stores carry the wafers as well...

I didn't even try to use a bag for the crunchy as I knew it would clog the hole... So I just spooned it into the cups ...
your right, never thought to go to Michael's or hobby lobby for them

Well folks, just finished batches 3 and 4 today. Did a little twist as an experiment and it came out really well. did one batch with dark semi-sweet chocolate. Super good. A little deeper chocolate flavor but not a rich as milk chocolate. The other batch today I used crunchy peanut butter for SWMBO. Gotta admit, the added crunch really adds another dimension.

This needs to end or I (and the dog) are gonna weigh 500 pounds :emoji_laughing: The problem is that these things are more addictive than crack cocaine. Got a half dozen of the neighbors hooked on them already with holiday packages being readied for delivery.

Robert

That's Great, Robert!!
Glad to hear You all like them down there.
Mrs Bear just made a big batch last week.
However, I can't eat many, because I was in the Hospital a few days, and am getting a lot of blood work done.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's Great, Robert!!
However, I can't eat many, because I was in the Hospital a few days, and am getting a lot of blood work done.

Bear
good luck Bear hope it turns out good for you!

I have white and dark wafers (sold out of milk chocolate) to make these soon. I have still been unable to track down s/f wafers locally.

That's Great, Robert!!

Bear
I am so relieved you're back in action. We were getting worried. Thanks for making it through, you've been missed.

Reactions: chopsaw
I've made these SINFULLY DELICIOUS things several times in the last month (half batches)...plain, with Heath brickle bits, and with rice crispies. ALL were excellent, but I think I prefer them plain (VERY smooth and silky as they melt!).

I'd hug you if I could reach you, Bear! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I've made these SINFULLY DELICIOUS things several times in the last month (half batches)...plain, with Heath brickle bits, and with rice crispies. ALL were excellent, but I think I prefer them plain (VERY smooth and silky as they melt!).

I'd hug you if I could reach you, Bear! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sherry T, that would be the ultimate "Bear"hug!!

Batch number 2 of the season! Now it’s a neighborhood favorite😍 Our families prayers you’ll be back to eating more of these soon Bear!
93DE4203-1172-448F-A1A8-012C7AF23544.jpeg

We can't find the chocolates used around here so have to order them...still waiting lol. 😫

Ryan

Now it’s a neighborhood favorite
Not trying to one-up you in any way here. I've given a bunch away, Tracy has shared a bunch with coworkers, and the neighbors are beating down the door for more. Did one batch for T with crunchy peanut butter which she put into decorative tins for Christmas presents. I really liked the texture but the creaminess of the original recipe is hard to beat. Did batch #5 a few days ago and sunk a Marcona Almond into each one. Oh boy...so good!! For those not in the know, Marcona is to almonds what Beluga is to caviar. They are extraordinary. A good friend sources them and gifts me several jars a year. I have to be careful and ration them out though. Could easily devour an entire jar in a sitting :emoji_laughing:
Our families prayers you’ll be back to eating more of these soon Bear!
X10 Bear!! We are praying for you sir.

Robert

David, nice looking batch! We all should have kept count of the exact number we made ( before sneaking any) and see what the grand total added up to.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We all should have kept count of the exact number we made
I use a tablespoonful for each cup and am getting 42-45 per batch. That's a total of between 210 and 225...but who's counting? I wasn't till you mentioned it :emoji_wink:
( before sneaking any)
Now now...we wouldn't do that, would we?? :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Just so ya'll know, the slabs of almond bark (candy coating, available in white, milk, and dark choc) at WM work and, to me, taste just as good.

Understand, I'm not one of those who can tell what year a wine was vinted with a whiff, a sip, and a swish, soooo...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky