Holiday Meltaway Bump

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We can't find the chocolates used around here so have to order them...still waiting lol. 😫

Ryan
I was at Commissary for this batch so no wafers! I used chocolate chips, same weight. One bag milk and one bag white!

tx smoker tx smoker I love Marcona! Great idea! A few years back, pre marriage, in Portugal I had them for the first time as a desert, I think roasted in honey and other spices? I was thinking some Marzipan with the Meltaways would be tasty! But, You guys are way beyond us, a huge salute🤣 I’ve been happy to pull off two get together and drop off goodies to the neighbors! I don’t know where time went!

Merry Christmas!

Those sure look pretty! Merry Christmas David!

Thanks Jed, easy to follow John's ( Bearcarver Bearcarver ) instructions. And I wish I had used the bags of chips as the Bulk Barn here had all the supplies but because it's Christmas. The prices were almost twice what the bags of chips at the grocery store were.
But they are very good .
And I forgot that Mona does not like peanut butter in her chocolate.... More for me. :emoji_laughing:
But I did come home today and found her sister chewing on a few :emoji_angry:

David
And Merry Christmas to you and your family Jed

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Just so ya'll know, the slabs of almond bark (candy coating, available in white, milk, and dark choc) at WM work and, to me, taste just as good.

Understand, I'm not one of those who can tell what year a wine was vinted with a whiff, a sip, and a swish, soooo...
Did I happen to mention we live 45 minutes away from 4 separate Walmarts? So we don't go like ever lol!
Is it classy to only have 1 serving of wine? Comes in it's own to go box!

Ryan

I'm sorry...no offense or insult meant.
None taken at all! Just something we always joke about. The 4 walmarts that is lol. And we do on occasion drink boxed wine...puts us right uptown with all the rednecks, where we feel comfortable! I believe one of the best things a person can have is a sense of humor. :emoji_blush:

Ryan

I've been hearing so much favorable feedback on Bear's beltways, that I made a batch for myself! I used Hershey's white chocolate chips and Hershey's milk chocolate bars, plus the peanut butter. I know the melting wafers are easier to work with, but the brands I could find were all hydrogenated palm oil with artificial flavoring--and I wanted real chocolate. Two minutes in the microwave, some stirring, and everything was melted and creamy.

I didn't have a candy funnel or pastry bag, and I figured using a spoon to fill the cups would make a mess, since the molten candy wasn't viscous...so I hit on the idea of using my bottom-drain fat separator to fill the cups--it's in the picture. It worked perfectly! And the treats are delicious. I'll definitely make them again.
IMG_1450.jpg

Made these last night pretty followed Mrs. Bear's original recipe except had to you dark and white wafers as I could not find milk chocolate. Wife just tried one after a night in the fridge and went nuts. Used double boiler to keep them melted while they were spooned into the cups.

Thanks Bear for posting this and everyone have a Merry Christmas and holiday.
IMG_4549.jpg

Looks delicious, Cliff. Same to you and yours, have a Safe and Healthy Holiday!

Reactions: clifish
Bump for a great recipe. RIP Bear.
Yep. This is a good one!
Just yesterday I went to the local Kroger and bought 6 bags of melting wafers while they were on sale and 3 jars of peanut butter. I've been making these at Christmas for a few years and now everyone expects them lol.
Thanks Bear! RIP brother.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky