Holiday Bread French Toast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My mom made the best French Toast.... Just like yours... Custard soaked through the bread.. Some don't like it that way.. Too bad...

Nice french toast, I could go for some now with a nice side of scrapple to balance out that sweetness.

I always thought everyone made French toast during a snowstorm...that’s why the eggs, bread and milk fly off the shelves.

Wow! That looks really delicious!

We usually use challah bread, but that Christmas bread looks even better! Thanks for sharing.

LIKE. Totally stealing making the custard the night before. Great idea!

We buy some stollen for it this time of year, preferably the non-iced kind. We like ours light/quick dunk. The key to good french toast is the bread. Never use regular sandwich. Texas toast at minimum. Slightly stale italian/french loaf is perfect. Once you do it right, you will do it often and that includes "breakfast for dinner".

We do monkey bread on Christmas morning. Put it together night before and pop in the oven first thing. Easy and awesome. House will smell incredible too.

LIKE.
We do monkey bread on Christmas morning. Put it together night before and pop in the oven first thing. Easy and awesome. House will smell incredible too.
Hey Sam, What is your version of monkey bread, I had it once yrs ago but not since. Just curious.

Wife makes it and does not share the actual recipe but it is very typical. We just tweaked it over the years. Main thing we do is use frozen dough balls for rolls instead of canned so just like with french toast the key is the bread. Tastes totally pro. Switched walnuts for pecans. No raisins or other stuff here but add em if you want. Day before Crisco your bundt, mix up the sauce in a bowl, and roll the frozen balls around in it and place in bundt, add leftover sauce, and park in fridge until morning. It will rise a bit and that's what you want. Christmas am bake, rip gifts, when done, carefully flip onto a platter while still warm and the sauce will fall over it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky