Hog Roast Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
Doing my first hog roast Sunday and was wondering what is the best way to pull the meat from the bone when it is done.

Hope someone has a easy method that they have come up with. The pig is just the 2 front and rear quarters... saved the chops and ribs and bellys for the grill. Thanks for any input.

Tony,

This is what should be left:

78e25b7e__Pig-skeleton.jpg

Bearcarver

If I understand right it is two shoulders and two hams? 

You can shred or pull the pork, place into pans and drizzle with a finishing sauce or sprinkle with dry rub.  or If you want to leave them whole, you can let people serve themselves and offer sauces on the side.

When I do whole hogs I usually leave them whole and serve several different sauces on the side.

Good luck with it! :)

Thanks bearcarver ...that is sort of what I had in mind. 

Cowgirl... yes 2 shoulders 2 hams ....[love your blog]    I am going to do a pulled pork and what I was getting at was If anyone had come up with some sort of tool to pull it off the bone. Seems like I read somewhere here that someone had used something called a bear claw, but I can't seem to find anything about it now.

Thanks guys! That is what I was looking for. Bear paws I was searching bear claws. Memory not what it used to be. Will try to improvise something on such short notice....and try and take some pics of how it turns out.    Thanks again for your help !!!

Thanks bearcarver ...that is sort of what I had in mind. 

Cowgirl... yes 2 shoulders 2 hams ....[love your blog]    I am going to do a pulled pork and what I was getting at was If anyone had come up with some sort of tool to pull it off the bone. Seems like I read somewhere here that someone had used something called a bear claw, but I can't seem to find anything about it now.
Thanks for checking out my blog Tony.   
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky