Hobart 1512 Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
B'ham Alabama
Have an OLD Hobart 1512. These were made from like 1947 - 1960ish. This is a needle in the ocean not haystack but I need either a sharp blade or the blade sharpener from that unit.. Thanks

Have an OLD Hobart 1512. These were made from like 1947 - 1960ish. This is a needle in the ocean not haystack but I need either a sharp blade or the blade sharpener from that unit.. Thanks
Can you just have the blade sharpened

Well you would think. That’s what I said, I cannot find anyone who does that. I have tried with standard blade sharping stuff but no go

Are you missing the entire sharpener assembly or just the stones? Replacement stones on EBay

Yea I’m missing all of it. You can’t even find this stuff used. I did find a guy in Atlanta that was referred that sharpens blades. I left a message so we will see

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks for the site! It’s weird, I can find all kinds of stuff for the 16 and up models. Just that first one 15 there’s none.

Find a local Hobart store. We have one about a hour away.

Update: through an internet search I found a LOCAL guy that sharpens blades of all kinds. Took it to his house, the blade fit his machine and now I have a very sharp blade.

Reactions: TuckersBarbeque
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky