Hickory Smoked Double Cut Pork Chop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
I went up to Bud's Custom Meats in Penngrove a a few weeks ago ... I picked up a few double cut pork chops. I had a hankering for a piece of smoked pork yesterday, so I pulled one from the freezer, and the wife was kind enough to brine it once it was thawed.

After brining for a few hours, I fired up a small pile of charcoal, and got a few chunks of hickory wood soaking. I dried the chop, and seasoned it up with Meat Church's Honey Hog rub; once the charcoal was ready I set the meat on the Weber to smoke.

It took about an hour to come up to an internal temp of 140F ... I pulled it, tented it with foil to let it rest.

It was so moist and tender ... yum!

thumbnail-1.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky