Hibachi Shrimp on the Blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
DACULA GA
Greetings all, hope everyone is well, and getting ready for the Spring weather. Starting to use the Blackstone a little more, and since we are on serious diets, this is a reasonably healthy meal that we both not only like, it gets us to eat a lot of veggies we usually wouldn't eat otherwise.

Not a lot of pictures though, things happened very fast, I thought I'd have more time, but not, lol.
Here's all the veggies first on the Blackstone, Broccoli, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots, etc. I used a Hibachi cooking sauce recipe from the interwebs, very simple, 4 ingredients.
IMG_3268.jpg
Here they are mixed and moved over to make room for the Shrimp.
IMG_3269.jpg
This was where I didn't get any pics of the Shrimp cooking. Used large 21-25 /lb about 2 lbs. Had a lot of leftovers for lunch today.
Finished ready to eat both the veggies and Shrimp. We finished all of the veggies and about half of the Shrimp.
IMG_3270.jpg
It was very good, with a great amount of flavor, I marinated the Shrimp for 3 hours in the cooking sauce before cooking.
Next time doing this with Filet Mignon, that will marinate longer since Beef doesn't take on the flavor as fast as Shrimp.
Thanks for stopping by, and continue to stay safe.

That looks delicious! They work awesome but really keep ya hopping once the cook starts!

Ryan

Reactions: MJB05615
That looks great! yeah time will fly by when the griddle is hot, I would love to do this with the steak, no shrimp for me anymore or the Epipen will have to come out. If you want to bulk this up you could also make a riced cauliflower fried rice as a side.

Reactions: MJB05615
Good looking cook. I got a BS for Christmas and have only cooked breakfast type meals on it so far. My wife and I love all the veggies you have on yours and more, I’ll have to start using it more and getting use to it. As others have said, once you put the food on, you’re moving. I need to get a temp gun so I know where I’m at.

Good looking cook. I got a BS for Christmas and have only cooked breakfast type meals on it so far. My wife and I love all the veggies you have on yours and more, I’ll have to start using it more and getting use to it. As others have said, once you put the food on, you’re moving. I need to get a temp gun so I know where I’m at.
That is the first thing I bought, my BS 36" will get to well north of 5-600 degrees, I usually don't go above medium unless I want a sear. When we do a tuna steak I have the left burner on high and the others on low, do a quick sear then move over. At least for me, my wife is happy with quick sear on both sides and still red in the middle...not me. The below where done on my 32" Camp Chef.
Tuna1.jpg

tuna2.jpg

tuna3.jpg

Yeah Mike, things get moving so fast with the BS grill there's not much time for shutter-bugging. Some top quality work there, nice job! RAY
Thanks Ray. Next time I'll better prepare and take some shots faster. Appreciate it my friend.

Beautiful . . . between this and Brokenhandle Brokenhandle thread . . . I think I'm going to have to accidentally buy one on a trip to the store. I can use your thread to convince the wife it's a good idea, post-mortem, because, "Look! Vegetables!"
What kind of sauce did you use?
Thank you!
Thanks Jed. I used a Hibachi recipe I got on the interwebs. I'll list it here. Only 4 ingredients, which is unbelievable because it's so close to what we get in the restaurants and simple, which I like, simple.
The Hibachi Cooking Sauce:
2 Tbs Sesame Oil
5 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Rice Cooking Wine (couldn't find this, substituted white cooking wine)
4 Tbs Soy Sauce (I used Lite Soy Sauce less sodium)
First time this was not enough, so I doubled each ingredient and it was enough. I suggest marinating Shrimp or Seafood 1-2 hours. Beef 4-6 hours before cooking. I made this amount to cook with and the doubled amount additionally to marinate.
Let me know how it works out, but I have always dislike zucchini etc, with this stuff I love these veggies now, lol.

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw and zwiller
The hibachi looks great! I need to start eating more like this. Gotta bust out that BS soon!
Thanks, I have been starting to use it more, and now the weather is improving, so I am hoping to increase the use a lot.

That looks delicious! They work awesome but really keep ya hopping once the cook starts!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. It does keep ya hopping, and any hopping I can do at my age is a plus, lol.

Looks great Mike . Yup comes together fast .
Thanks Rich. It does real fast. And, as always my phone started ringing off the hook as soon as I started cooking, so I had to turn it off, then I "forgot" to turn it back on after, lol, get it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky