Hi!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by capduboh, Sep 2, 2008.

1. capduboh

capduboh Newbie

Hello everyone! I'm new to the art of smoking and while doing some research, I happened upon this forum. Generally, I'm pretty active on forums so I figured I'd hop in chat and say hello.

I just purchased my first smoker which is a Weber Smokey Mountain. I've heard really good things about it and I got a pretty good deal. It seems like it will fit my needs very well. I am a long time griller (weekend warrior) but I got tired of paying good ol Randall down the street for my BBQ!

I heard some of you in chat saying you were from PA. I plan on taking a ride up to Blairsville tomorrow and picking up some wood. Have any of you purchased wood from Chuck's Smokehouse before? I noticed they have a website and I'm hoping I will be able to just drive there and pick some up (as opposed to shipping it).

Anyhow, I have some really good home made recipes for dry rub and sauce I will probably share with you guys at some point as well as ask numerous questions I'm sure you've heard before. Good night and good eats!

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Capduboh!

3. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Howdy and welcome aboard brother

4. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Cap.

5. Welcome to the SMF! We look forward to your input and experience.

6. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

welcome to de club..enjoy your self,