Hi my name is Lynn and I'm a newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stumps rumps

Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Pioneer Ohio
Thanks for this website . When I decide
To make a smoker I wanted something dif from most of the ones I have seen . ( the ones made out of a fuel oil tank . So I told a friend what my plans where and he suggested this site . Your post was very helpful in the making of my reverse flow smoker . Thank again

Welcome to the forums!  You'll like it here, its the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome to the site, alot of good info here and people willing to help.

Oh 
worthless.gif
   LOL

Lets see this smoker.

this was the start . A girl at work had a boat trailer she wanted to scrap . I told her I'd buy it from her and she said just get it out of my yard . And I bought the 250 lbs lp tank from a guy who sells out dated ones for 190.00

Last edited:
. All painted . I have a rack to cook on and I'm going to make a rack to hang summer sausage from to smoke during deer season . I have found a small wood stove I'm going to put in place of the 55 gal drum

Thanks I have enjoyed using it to . I have done about 100 pounds of pork but , some brisket , smoked salmon and Canadian goose breast . The only thing I messed up bad on was an 18 pound turkey . Think I over seasoned it

Welcome, I'm a newbie too. I have found some very interesting recipes, and ideas on here, and I hope you do too.

Tagamo

Yes I have got some recipes off here and enjoyed them . The one question I have is . I just bought a house and it has 8 acres of woods and it has the rough bark small cherries on it . My dad called it chines cherry and said the cherries where poison . Are thay and can you smoke with it

Congrats on the house and the new smoker build.  I'm sure you'll like it here, great place to learn.

I have already learned a lot and you all made my build a lot easier with you with your post and I thank you all for the help and warm welcome

Hi Lynn! :welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 50,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 1,000,000 posts describing it! Yea that’s right over 1,000,000!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

We have an ”Articles” section that is full of great information about smoking to include a lot of recipes and instructionals. Check it out there is a lot to learn in there!

You might want to check out ”Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course”, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Thank you Kat I have read the rules and regulations and my only intent for smf is to learn how to be the best cook on my smoker as I can be for my family and friends . Again thank you all for your hard work .

Hi everyone we'll the chicken you all helped me with turned out great . So thanks this weekend is brisket and was wondering about a brine . Any ideas

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks Gary everyone has been very helpful and this site came in handy when I was making my roaster . It is a great site

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky