Hi mountain Maple breakfast and Cajun sausage (first run on new sausage stuffer)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
While I was at gander mountain I picked up some hi mountain maple breakfast sausage and Cajun sausage seasonings to give it a try....

Had 23 lbs of coarse ground butts.. I did 8 lbs of each and used the rest for some recipe testing...That didn't go so well.... made some good dog food for the neighbors pets..lol   here's my new 15 lb stuffer.. it did a great job... one good thing is my stainless stuffing tubes from my 30 lb Cabelas stuffer fit the 15 lb gander mountain stuffer.. saved me from making another set.....

ready to stuff

All stuffed and linked

Separated and stacked for the freezer

scrambled cheese eggs, buttered toast with some fresh maple breakfast sausage........

I wasn't impressed with the seasonings when I did a test fry.. Thought they were too strong and needed to back off a little...  but they did settle down after a few days.... my son really liked  the sausage...... I hope the Cajun seasoning settles down too.. It was also too strong.

Thanks for looking

Joe

Very nice looking links Joe! I just happen to have a package of that same maple breakfast  mix. Going to try it soon with some pork butt/venison mixture. I hope mine looks as good as yours!
icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

icon_cool.gif

Looks good Joe. I'm glad to see your still in the sausage making.

PS. I really liked the spice blends you send me a longtime ago.

Very nice! I bought a LEM stuffer last year, one the of the best investments ever. I see your setup has a longer tube for sliding the casing on, that would be nice!

good that your enjoyin the new stuffer, nice unit.  i was actually surprised you used a "ready mix" as opposed to making/mixing your own??? i like making/mixing my own, thats just me though.  this way i know whats in it.  at least the poochs are eating good!!!  lol

good that your enjoyin the new stuffer, nice unit.  i was actually surprised you used a "ready mix" as opposed to making/mixing your own??? i like making/mixing my own, thats just me though.  this way i know whats in it.  at least the poochs are eating good!!!  lol
I like the rigidity of the stuffer.. No problems putting it to some stress when I make some hotdogs and some snack sticks     I'm not a ready mix fan either...... Just doing some experiments

Looks like a nice machine Joe!
Sausage looks good to.....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky