Hi from Casper, WY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tylermtech

Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Casper, WY
Hi everyone. I am currently smoking with a MES 40 inch with the glass window. So far I have done ribs three times, 2 baby back 1 spare ribs. A pork shoulder, chicken thighs, beef roasts, and a turkey. They have all turned out pretty well, especially the turkey. I have mostly been using a combo of Apple and cherry. I find hickory a little strong for my taste and dong like mesquite.

I also make an excellent tomatillo salsa with the smoker.

I still use a weber kettle grill for a lot of things, but am liking the MES for the slow cooking. It is a lot easier to get consistent results.

Welcome Tyler!  You've come to the right place to make friends and look for great advice on smoking with your MES.  Also be sure to join the MES group here on this site.  Great info on the care and feeding of your new MES!

B

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

MERRY CHRISTMAS from GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky