Hi everyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mtoth1982

Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
Hi everyone!

My smoker didn’t come with the leg extensions and I bought everything to smoke some ribs today. Can I put my MES30 on the lawn without setting my lawn on fire?

matt

Reactions: JLeonard
I put my smoker on the lawn and ended up with a brown spot from the heat. I have since placed plywood under it and no issue. I don’t have a mes nor have I ever used or seen one in person so can’t say how hot they get

Reactions: JC in GB
You could put a piece of plywoof under smoker, my MES sits on my deck and doesnt cause any issues w the wood

Yes it’s green where I placed it. I’m more concerned with fire than a brown spot. Do you think I will be ok for today?

matt
I think you will be fine. Grass may not look to good after

Reactions: JC in GB
You can always prop it up with 4 cans

Chris

I have mine on a wood platform 24-7-365:
It won't hurt anything unless something goes wrong, which is why I never sleep or go away from home while it is running.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky