Hi All...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sssmoking

Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
New to smoking here... after spending my hard earned money at bbq joints I decided to give it a try...I bought myself an electric smoker (smoke hollow)30 digital at a local retail store and I've already smoked, two whole chickens, sausage, the thanksgiving turkey and a brisket.... and I must say wow... I think these electric smokers are great for beginners....Just one question I noticed my smoker says 1500 watts and saw some much newer an better looking smokers with remote and probes for about the same price but they say 800 watts does that matter?

thanks... and looking forward trying some of your recipes...

Welcome to the forum!  Watts are the power rating for the electrics.  A 1500 watt 30" will get hotter then a 800 watt 30 "  Think light bulbs, 40 watt appliance bulb, 150 watt flood light. I would go for more wattage and control it with the thermostat.  Less wattage and you would be putting it on "high" all the time.

Mike

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky