• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Heya! New member here from New Zealand :)

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ivory Samoan

Oct 31, 2021
Heya folks, been looking for a BBQ forum for a while, looks like I found a good one! I'm a DJ/Business owner by trade, enjoy my golf and the odd dash of snowboarding. Looking forward to talking wood, fire, meat and good times: also meeting other Kiwis/Aussies who have been bitten by the BBQ bug.

Currently using a Weber Performer, OKJ Highland with Mods, PBC, Akorn Kamado, Weber 330 and my travel cookers (Jumbo Joe and a ceramic Hibachi BBQ).

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 15, 2017
You came to the right place. Welcome from NW Pa.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Sounds like you've got a good arsenal !
Welcome to SMF from SE Ga !

larroyo101

Fire Starter
Sep 28, 2020
Heya folks, been looking for a BBQ forum for a while, looks like I found a good one! I'm a DJ/Business owner by trade, enjoy my golf and the odd dash of snowboarding. Looking forward to talking wood, fire, meat and good times: also meeting other Kiwis/Aussies who have been bitten by the BBQ bug.

Currently using a Weber Performer, OKJ Highland with Mods, PBC, Akorn Kamado, Weber 330 and my travel cookers (Jumbo Joe and a ceramic Hibachi BBQ).
WELCOME

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Welcome from Mississippi! Glad you joined the forums. look forward to your post and pics. I follow several Aussies on IG who smoke/cook.
Jim

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join the group!
Al

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Welcome from Indiana!
It's always interesting to see cooks from outside N.A. Different meat cuts, recipes, Etc.
Not sure about Kiwis but there are several Aussies here.
With that many cookers you must be pretty good already.
Great to have you with us!

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Sep 7, 2015

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Hey! Welcome from Virginia! Can’t wait to see your posts!

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Welcome from Ohio. Looks like you are building a good collection of cookers!

Mr. Zorg

Smoke Blower
Aug 26, 2021
Welcome from San Antonio Texas!

You may have already seen this Aussie smoke wood chart, but if not, enjoy!

pzuqoN3nQ_B5p_xLoz3yye5nUZ0orKHdVBc5JIFCmlA.jpg

Ivory Samoan

Oct 31, 2021
On a side note, I've done a good few years stint in NorCal/Lake Tahoe/Bay over the last 20 years (about 5 years), so it's like a second home :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.