HEY !!!! One more tip of the day....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
If you decide to apply a wood preservative to the deck of your flat bed trailer, DO NOT FALL OFF THE TRAILER !!!!!

Bad stuff can happen.... Open compound break to the radius AND ulna... Becoming almost useless with one hand....

I was lucky I could phone a friend and get some MUCH appreciated help to get to emergency.... 8 or so hours later, I was home all stitched up....
All the folks there were ACES... From admitting to "GET OUT".... I've go about a dozen + staples holding the insides in... A few holding the hole closed where the bones stuck through the hide... All in all I'm pissed I lost my balance... It happened about 7 AM... 4PM, home and grouchy...
My typing is S L O W.... and lots of proofreading....

DSCF0303.JPG

That's a tough Break! (Pun Intended.☺)
I wish you a speedy recovery. Hey, could have been a Hip! You're no Spring Chicken anymore. Take it easy and enjoy the Pain Meds!😉...JJ

Reactions: daveomak
That’s really old school Dave. Can’t do that from the couch. I’m glad you are living life. Sad for you’re trouble and pain. That will take some time to heal. Are they going to have to do pins and screws? sending well wishes.

Yowsers Dave....You know as we get older the ability to bounce decreases. Glad your home and fixed up. Remember to RICE it...Rest....Ice.,...Compress (keep the splint on)...and Elevate. Prayers for quick healing.
Jim

Ouch that hurt. When you do it you don't play around do you? Hope you heal quickly although we know it won't be all that quick but hopefully as quick as possible. Also hope the pain doesn't drag on and that they gave you good meds for it

Damn Dave! That sucks! Glad you got to the emergency room quick....and glad you didn't hit your head on the trailer on the way down! Heal up buddy....we ain't goin anywhere...
That thought crossed my mind also. For an unlucky situation, sounds like he got lucky as it could have been worse. Again prayers for a quick recovery.

Double compound, that's TOUGH. I hope that you heal up quickly Dave, that wood preservative can wait.....

how quick things can happen, hope ya heal up quick Dave, that's why i try and land on my head i can't hurt this thing :emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky