Hey Now ! From Napa, CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pork dork

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Napa CA
My name is Eric and I like smoked anything. My very first out door cooking implement was a Thermos gas grill. Ya, I know Boo ! HIss ! but I still use it when I want to fire up some braughts or sausages. About 10 years ago I got a Weber 22" kettle and my favorite is a Brinkmann 2 door square smoker.

I'm having a summer in February BBQ tomorrow. I sent out the Evite when it was in the mid 70s in January. Unseasonably warm for these parts. I stumbled into this forum looking for traditional kalua pulled pork from a smoker and found a whole world of tips and tricks for my favorite pass time. Actually I'm mostly on the eating side as a buddy of mine smokes a lot of ribs and has a blog. "Rex's rib review" if anybody cares.

Any way I'm going to start having a lot more pork butt parties now that I've learned all these cool mods for my smoker.

P.S.

I sent out the Evite to about 16 people thinking that maybe 10 would show up which is doable here being it's indoors because it's finally raining. Well all but one are going to show up. It should be interesting, fun but interesting. 
yahoo.gif

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1]

[h1]  [/h1]

[h1]Gary[/h1]

Gary,

Check out my thread "Pork butt panic"

Hi Eric...welcome to the group!  You've found a great place to share ideas on all things smoked, cured, grilled, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who really know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky