Hey guys, How are ya?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoky mcbutts

Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
I'm from Chamberlain South Dakota and have been interested in smoking for a long time. I stumbled across this site and have been reading and slowly learning for awhile. After much research I decided to buy a Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain propane smoker. I got the 18 * 20 * 34. Just got done seasoning it and it works great (empty anyway). My wife just told me now I smell like a ham and I said "Thank You". I hope to do a few chickens in the next few days and very much look forward to learning from and contributing to this site. Thanks and have a good one.

Welcome Smokey - glad to have you here. You think your wife is laughing at the smoke wait until you start taking pictures of all your food.  

welcome1.gif
Smoky

Scar's right!  My wife still laughs at me when I break out the camera.  But she doesn't laugh too hard 'cause it tastes so dang good!!!!
drool.gif

Don't forget to sign up for the 5 day e-course.  There's plenty of info in there to get you going and the rest of the folks here will give guidance when needed!  Especially when the demon of stalls visits you and your GOSM!  Good Luck and Happy Smoking!

Welcome to SMF! Wait until you have a house full of guests & your taking pictures of the food. That's when you know what an obsession this hobby is.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Thanks so much everyone. Looks like the wind's gonna kick up again for a few days so my first smoke is prolly gunna hafta wait. I will try to be patient.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky