Hey from TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NovaKane09

Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Newark, TX
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure what's taken me so long to join since I've been using SMF for info since I started getting serious about grilling/smoking. I was raised a charcoal purist, thanks to my mother. For a while, the extent of my grilling was steaks, burgers, and the occasional cornish hen. That is, until a few years ago when my father-in-law gave me his Traeger Tailgater. Having that widely expanded my culinary repertoire, especially when it came to the low and slow que. I've since done my first brisket flat, beef and pork ribs, but my favorite is bacon burnt ends. The Tailgater is nice, and quite easy to use with great results, however the cooking surface is quite small and not adequate for entertaining. So today I picked up the MES 140S that Cabela's had on sale. Also planning on picking up the AMNPS.
So, I'm really looking forward to joining in the conversations and learning as much as I can from yall.

Reactions: JC in GB
Good call on starting right out with the amnps. Your smoker requires an initial seasoning and burn in. Go ahead and use the chip loader system for that. That should be enough for you to realize how frustrating trying to use that would be :-)

Reactions: NovaKane09
Good call on starting right out with the amnps. Your smoker requires an initial seasoning and burn in. Go ahead and use the chip loader system for that. That should be enough for you to realize how frustrating trying to use that would be :-)
Yes, I researched quite a bit before buying the MES (Thanks mostly to SMF).I wanted a bigger pellet smoker because I really like my Traeger, it just wasn't in the budget right now. And I'll be seasoning it today!

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky