Hey everyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steves

Original poster
May 14, 2006
NC
Newbie here. I have a Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker, which is ok but it seems I need to make some mods to get the best results. I was given a Brinkman electric smoker, which I promptly traded for the charcoal after one use. The chamber didn't fit right and it just didn't do well. And I read that a lot of people prefer charcoal and I found out I do, too.

My first thing is to put in a real thermometer. I have a grill thermometer that I can put in pretty easily. I just need to add a plate so it will fit the hole. After that, I will move on to the other mods as I have time. I don't get use it as much as I'd like but when I do use it, mmmmmmmmmmmm. My family isn't much into smoked foods but I am. I did some ribs last night and while they weren't fall off the bone, man, they were tasty! I need to work on getting them to the fall off the bone stage but I will certainly enjoy the practice.

Anyway, glad I found this site and I'm sure I'll learn a lot here.

Welcome to SMF Steve. The nice thing about practicing your cooking is that somebody has to eat the results. For "fall of the bone ribs" check out the 3-2-1 method for ribs in the Pork forum.

Howdy Steve. Just wanted to add my welcome as well. This is a great site and I'm sure you'll be feeling like a pro in no time.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Sorry it took me a while to get back. Things are keeping me busy.

I'm hoping to fire up the smoker tomorrow. Probably won't be much, some brats, hot dogs and ABTs. Luckily, I'm the only on that likes the ABT's, that just leaves more for me.

Anyway, I hope eveyone is having a great weekend!

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky