Here's My Fridge Build: Mid build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very little mods, I added a 2 additional vent holes down near the element. I then ducted a small case (muffin) fan to blow fresh air in the chamber. It really isn't necessary but it helps produce smoke almost instantly. The fan is on a separate switch and I only run it for like 30seconds after adding wood then turn it off. It is nice to switch the fan on after I'm done cooking to help cool the cabinet.

Pretty much set the temp @ 200-210 get the smoke rolling drop in my wireless thermometer probe and basically walk away. Its awesome!

Nice job Josh.

Looks great.

I hope to build my platform with wheels tomorrow and start sanding and maybe get a coat of primer on this Sunday.

It's worth the work when you see the smoke rolling out of it.!!

Reviving an old thread because I had a temp controller failure yesterday. I NEVER leave my smoker unattended but yesterday I had to run some errands which ended up taking longer than expected. I came home to my fridge smoker all burnt up. The fridge smoker structure is solid but the insulation burnt up. I can’t imagine how hot it had to be! Burnt the aluminum chimney right off. I’ve been using it for over 10yrs and only replaced the element once. I was using an a-maze-n tube for smoke and the a-maze-n looks to be unscathed. I’m hoping to rebuild with a PID WiFi controller!!
FCFC7D1D-6A61-4F5C-BA6F-7D6ABE168E9F.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: bill1
Let us know how the rebuild and resurrection comes along. I'm just glad there was no damage to your home or other structures.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky