Helping out with wife’s family dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
My wife was having her family (my in-laws) over for dinner and was making beef quesadillas. I offered to smoke the meat since we were using a top round and I haven’t smoked anything in a while. Disclaimer: my wife did most of this meal, I won’t make any bones about it.

Some salt, pepper, garlic and cumin to season the meat along with some limes and into the smoker.
6ECAAA42-B1F6-40ED-B865-B9226222A9FA.jpeg

I used some hickory and smoked it for about an hour before hitting medium rare.
B153FBD1-ECCD-4716-9DEE-FE601BA7E0D2.jpeg

My wife took it from there slicing and cubing the meat while prepping the rest of dinner while I put a bicycle together for my mother-in-law. I did a snapshot of some the meat when I came in for dinner.
71CE5742-E5F2-439C-927F-77BA98B67A51.jpeg

Some black beans, cilantro and rice, along with the quesadillas and it was a winning meal. I was pleased was my “input” and everyone seemed to enjoy and chow down on the quesadillas.
CBADFC07-70EB-49F6-89DF-9A8E4BBAA2F6.jpeg

Hats off to my better half for being a GREAT cook(I’ve got the pounds to prove it) and thanks for looking!

Nice to see honesty, and spousal support. We need more of that these days. Great looking meal. For sure.

Looks great! And your wife did an amazing job! I'm right there with ya... my wife can cook circles around me! And I'm proud to admit it! But I have learned alot here so am much better than I used to be! But she doesn't always like when I cook... homemade buns, pizza dough, anything smothered in gravy! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Greatidea to add flavor. Nice job, both of you...JJ

Good job on the smoking and the wife put together a great looking plate! team work at its best.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky