Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Bob

Original poster
Jul 7, 2020
Trying to obtain a little background on an offset smoker that my neighbor is getting rid of (sadly, her husband passed away). Looking to possibly refurbish it, but I'm not sure how old it is. It needs some love - see pics. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 43
  • Smoker2.jpg
    Smoker2.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: JLeonard
I see the ones sold these days don't have that yellow sticker with a serial number. You might have a pretty darned good old offset sitting right there! Check out what thickness steel the cook chamber and firebox are, if 1/4" a little sanding and spray paint and you'll have real jewel. RAY

I see the ones sold these days don't have that yellow sticker with a serial number. You might have a pretty darned good old offset sitting right there! Check out what thickness steel the cook chamber and firebox are, if 1/4" a little sanding and spray paint and you'll have real jewel. RAY
Thanks. The NBS on the Serial Number had me thinking New Braunfels Smoker?? Was there a time of transition between the two companies? It's a heavy sucker. I'll check the thickness.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky