Help with UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingeagle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
mpls, mn
I am in the process of making 2 uds. I have drilled and welded in my vents in the bottom. Drilled the holes for the grates for the bolts. I sanded blasted the paint off on the inside but i noticed there is a little bit of residue left after the blasting. My question is should i start a fire in the drum to finish it or should i use a weed burner and get the drum hot and finish with sanding it with a sanding disk?

Five pallets between the two of them should do it. If you can find some scrap plywood, cut it into  strips that extend out of the drum by about a foot and lean them against the sides to get the heat all the way to the top. Do your burn at night so you can see where the steel gets red.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky