Help with reheating some pre cooked smoked turkey in the MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greatfx1959

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
here is what i have for turkey day, i bought one of the sliced pre cooked/smoked part of a turkey breast, about 1.75 pounds and wondering if reheating it in my smoker would be a good idea, kinda a double smoked piece of bird. I have had these before and they are pretty good, only gonna be three of us here so it would be plenty. also would i place it in a pan face down so the slices dont come apart and dry it out? what temp? thanks in advance
turkey.jpg
turkey2.jpg

maybe get some twine and tie it to keep it together, just do it gently so the twine doesn't cut into the meat, i would start smoke around 180-200 for 45-60 minutes then put to 250-275 or so to get it up to internal of 165.

here is what i have for turkey day, i bought one of the sliced pre cooked/smoked part of a turkey breast, about 1.75 pounds and wondering if reheating it in my smoker would be a good idea, kinda a double smoked piece of bird. I have had these before and they are pretty good, only gonna be three of us here so it would be plenty. also would i place it in a pan face down so the slices dont come apart and dry it out? what temp? thanks in advance
First , I think that is a great choice .
Are there directions on the package ?
Their web site says 350 for 15 to 20 minutes per pound in a sealed pan with some liquid in the bottom . . That's an oven , but you can adapt to a smoker or grill .
Cut side down , or loose tie like suggested . On a rack in a foil pan . If you're going to smoke leave it uncovered . Then turn the heat up , add liquid and cover to bring up to temp .

Reactions: gmc2003
Let us k now how it turns out . I know you were talking about smoking , but another thing you could do would be to shingle the slices in a foil pan . Bring some turkey stock to a simmer and pour it over the slices and cover a few minutes before you eat .

Reactions: SmokinAl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky