Help with Camp Chef Woodwind app

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mickn8r65

Original poster
Jul 4, 2021
Hello,
New to the forum so please be patient with me if I am doing this wrong. I have the Camp Chef app on my iPhone and hat the grill connected via bluetooth and the grill connected to my wifi. I have used it several times but have 2 questions: 1) should I have to add the grill to the app every time I use it? Every time I use the smoker I have to re-add the grill and give it a name, this feels like an error. 2) Even thought the grill is connected to wifi and the app works at home, as soon as I try to monitor when off of wifi and away from bluetooth, the app won't work, in fact I have to re-add the grill yet again. I feel like I'm missing a crucial step. Oh yea, and under configuration the "heartbeat" is not present, that may be a symptom of a setup problem as well. Can anyone provide any insight?

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF!

I don't use your particular app but I'm guessing there are people here that do and should be able to answer your questions.

It's been too long since I setup mine to remember it well. Also too long since I've used mine.

Once you have successfully added and named the grill you should be good to go and not have to do this again. I've heard of this problem before but don't remember the fix. Bluetooth range is short as is Wifi range. I had to add a cheap extender to reach my Wifi modem.

Beyond that I'm no help. Let me suggest a call to CC customer service. ETA I did find a video tutorial on setting up the app. https://www.campchef.com/blog/how-to-set-up-camp-chef-connect/

Please let us know what you find out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky