Help, please! Need advice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shan

Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
Hi!

I'm an avid bbq smoker. I currently have a Primo Oval Junior but am looking to move up to something bigger and not so difficult to add fuel to.

My priorities are...

• Smoke quality, flavor, etc.

• Ease of temp control and temp consistency.

• Ability to cold smoke cheese, salmon, bacon, etc, or a pork butt at 225 for 12 hours.

• Ease of cleanup.

I like the fact that the ceramic smoker keeps stuff from drying out. I've read that offsets produce the best flavor, but take the most babysitting. I've researched vertical smokers--Backwoods, Stumps, Superior, Spicewine, Pitmaker--all of which have their own pros and cons. It's an investment, so I would like to make the right choice. I need HELP! I'll consider anything, from a vertical water smoker to a UDS, and am willing to spend up to $2500. Any and all advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks MOOCHO!

-Shan

Well there are many smokers out there and I looked at all I could over a 1 year period and ended up with a Meadow Creek. It’s a TS250 which is bigger than you would be looking for but they do make them small in size. It’s a RF stick burner and works quite well. They make a TS 60 and 70 which is the smaller units. I like them because they are good looking solid units, cook well, have stainless steel removable shelves and hold good temps. I have had mine for 3 years and like it as much today as I did the day I bought it. Look them up on the web and look at the info. I like yoders smokey mountain barbecue the best on the web because it has the most info on them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky