• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Help: Loropetalum (Plum Delight)

gov-

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 1, 2012
Ain't a flower but there's no shrub forum :)

Does anyone have (or have successfully grown) a Loropetalum Plum Delight? I am having a hell of a time getting mine to become established toward being nearly maintenance free. I've searched the internet and found nothing particularly useful.

I've put about two applications of seaweed emulation and two applications of super thrive but they jut don't want to take off. Been in the ground since March.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Did you prune it after you planted it..... That usually helps to get plants started..... pruning puts more roots per green foliage.... more nutrition per branch... etc...... Less leaf area for evapotranspiration..... Dave

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Were they root bound by any chance? As Dave said pruning them back a little will usually force them to put more growth into roots.

gov-

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 1, 2012
I dug out a hole per the tag instructions then deranged the root ball and stuck in the ground.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.