Help identifying wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sticky and gooey? Looks to me like pine/spruce. I’d still burn some just to double check. If you can get your hands on some scrap 2X4’s pieces burn them also as a comparison. Dimensional lumber is often pine/spruce both similar smell when burnt but way different than deciduous. As I mentioned in a previous post run them through a saw and give them a sniff. It’s so hard to identify wood through a computer screen, not being able feel , smell and even taste.

Reactions: forktender
Man that does look like pine bark in those pictures the pic. with the pitch kinda seals the deal for me. Pine it is, boy the other pics had me thinking oak for sure. Sorry man.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky