HELP! 2 5/8 flange sausage tube??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mitchk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Granger, Wyoming
I purchased a cabelas pro-series grinder:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...4798880&WTz_l=SBC;MMcat104798880;cat104364180

I've been using the grinder for a few months with zero problems.  This thing has worked great, for burger and Summer Sausage.  I'm attempting to make snack sticks, but the tube thats included is to small to slide the 21mm casing's onto.  I have been looking at different tubes, but none of them are wide enough at the opening.  my attachments are all 2 5/8- 2 3/4 at the opening, I'm looking for a tube that is roughly 3/8th at the end.  Does anyone have any suggestions?   

Last edited:
have you looked at lem products thats what i ended up useing on my grinder but u may have to remove some material on the side that goes to the grinder but i works well.lem has about every size tube there is

I looked at LEM products, but from what I could tell the base of there tubes was just under 2in and mine is right between 2 5/8- 2 3/4.  

where would the world be without ebay
yahoo.gif

ok that one could be tricky its not very easy to find tubes that small for a oversized #12 im sure there is one out there but i couldnt tell u where one is. my buddie had this issue and i made him waher like plate to hold the smaller tubes in the bigger head that is always an option.

You might want to look into a dedicated vertical stuffer. Trying to press the meat through the small tube with the grinder might be a bear..........

yeah, i can see back pressure being a issue.  a stuffer is on the list, but in front of that is a mixer.  the stuffer is a want, the mixer is a true need. 

That ebay stuffing tube has 7/16 OD. That is pretty much the same size as the cabelas tube. I may be wrong, but if you want one smaller, with that diameter opening you have to fabricate it. Personally I dont know how you get the meat to flow through that small of a tube without making it sausage soup. I have the 1/2" OD tube and I can get 17mm casings on it. You just cant slide the whole thing on, you have to unravel it (for lack of a better term)  and slide it on a little at a time. I can get about 7 feet on my tube.

Cabelas sells the 1/2' tube with a little auger in it. If your going to stuff with a grinder that is the only way I would even think of doing snack sticks. Nice grinder by the way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky