Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roadpig

Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Minnesota
Hey guys I'm Caleb I'm from the twin city's here in Minnesota. I just purchased a masterbuilt 30 digital electric smoker. A little about me I was raised in Minnesota and enlisted in the Navy thus moving me to Mississippi where BBQ and smoked goods are everywhere. I was in Mississippi for 9 years and at one point bought a 50 dollar charcoal smoker/grill and loved it. I expiremented with turkeys one year at thanks giving waking up every hour on the hour to make sure there was water in the bowl and wood smoking on the charcoal Until the following morning. The result was the most delisouse turkey me or my inlaws had ever had. I was placed in charge of turkeys from that point on. I got on this forum and really like what I see. Ive only expiremented with no guidance and would like advise on different cuts of meat and so forth. I also want to start making my own rubs and learn different techniques on how to make the best tasting smoked foods out there. Look forward to chatting with y'all or since I'm back in Minnesota I guess I should say you guys lol.

Hey Caleb, Welcome to you.

First I would like to say Thank You for your service to this great nation.

Congratulations on that shiny new smoker, lots of folks on here with the MES.

You'll find enough on this site to keep you busy for a long time.

Two things, first, have fun, second, pictures of your smokes are good things.

Ed

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Looks like you broke your new smoker in just fine!

Everything looks delicious!

Al

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome from another Minnesotan roadpig! Hour west of the cities here. You'll like it here. Everyone always willing to offer help and advice. Looks like the 1st cook was a success!

Hour west in what county I work over in Wright county. I grew up over in the Champlin area so it's good to be back home. Alots changed since I left 9 years ago.

Last edited:
Ah yes Monticello I work Delano mostly but spent some time in my training up in Monticello.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky