Hello.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cross8

Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
north-west South Dakota
Checking in. hope to learn something if i can. you will find that I dont type well or spell to good. Not sure what to say so if you have any questions for me ask away I will be glad to tell you what I know.

cross, welcome aboard!  Don't worry about the typing and all, we're glad to have you here.  As you've probably found already, there is a ton of information here so there is a lot to learn.  With the information and the great folks here who are always more than willing to help out the learning curve is reduce greatly.  

Welcome cross!

I like ---Location: north-west South Dakota  .

I have wanted to move the south east portion of North Carolina.

Craig

First welcome to SMF, What kind of smoker do you have.
As of now I dont have a smoker. I got sick of what butchers charge so i have started doing my own butchering. I have a neighbor who lets me use his equipment but its time to get my own. I hope to get a few ideas on what would best fit my situation. I am green as a gourd when it comes to smoking meat.

You'll get a lot of help here. What do you like to smoke? Do you want to buy or, can you build? I never knew there were so many options.

Last edited:
Welcome cross!

I like ---Location: north-west South Dakota  .

I have wanted to move the south east portion of North Carolina.

Craig
Ha , it does sound funny now that I think about it. I should have said  on the east side of Harding county in north west South Dakota!  HA ha ha got every thing spinning now.

Welcome to the forum.  Hang around here and you'll be smoking in no time.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

WElcome to the site cross8,

Like allready said, dont worry to much about the spelling thing, spell checker is the only thing that even makes it look as if I know how to spell.

Welcome to SMF - there are lots of good folks here to help

You'll get a lot of help here. What do you like to smoke? Do you want to buy or, can you build? I never knew there were so many options.
I got my eye on an old freezer, I think it is aluminum on the in side. its alot wider then a standard uprite but just as tall and deep. used a old freezer to make some jerky when i was a kid, dont even know what happened to that one but its gone.

I got my eye on an old freezer, I think it is aluminum on the in side. its alot wider then a standard uprite but just as tall and deep. used a old freezer to make some jerky when i was a kid, dont even know what happened to that one but its gone.
There is a section dedicated to Fridge and Freezer builds. Check it out  here

Good luck.

I'm as green as you.  Got my first smoker a couple weeks ago.  Only smoked a couple meals so far (both great!).  So I'll be learning with you.  I just want to welcome you to the SMF as well.

Have a great time here! 

Brian

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Cross 8 to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky