Hello there Smoky friends!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrsmoky

Fire Starter
Original poster
I am happy to meet everyone on smokingmeatforums.com and thank you in advance for sharing your time and awesome knowledge!!! 

I just want to start by saying how excited I am to have found this forum and as a newcomer to it and the fine craft of smoking food, I am very excited to learn where it starts and how far it goes. I currently am part of a new review site, which you are welcome to LIKE on facebook if you wish. www.facebook.com/bestwingsli . Please note!(I am not here as an advertiser!)

Once I get comfortable with certain cooking methods I usually will get creative and try new things so I hope to not only learn but to contribute good info in time :) 

I would like to smoke not just for me but to make family and friends smile with delight and create lasting memories of good times and glory days!

I have been used to using grills with charcoal, mesquite woods, smoke pellets and indirect heat. I have smoked Brisket, Wings, Steaks and Chicken with some very tasty results but I feel I am barely scratching the surface when it comes to how rich and smoky the food could be as I have had some fantastic smoked foods in my travels.

However it's time and I feel I would like to get a real dedicated smoker (as my birthday is comin up!!!!)

and really get into the craft, Do's and don'ts, what makes smokers better or worse than others, etc.

I love Chicken (Wings), Brisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Bacon, Burgers, Cheese, Peppers, beans and Veggies, Slaw etc.....I Want to get more into Rubs and Good Sauces!!! I also want to learn more about cuts of meats and different types of wood or smoke flavors to combine as well as smoking cheese etc.

I currently live in Long Island New York but have lived on the west coast as well and tend to bounce around.

Thanks again, It's a pleasure to be in the company of fellow smoke enthusiasts and professionals alike!!

Sincerely,

Mr.Smoky!!

Hello Mr Smokey and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you join us 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

welcome.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF!! Lots of great info, recipes, and ideas here for your reading pleasure as well as a friendly and helpful group to answer all your questions. Enjoy your stay.

Don

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky