Hello Smoking Meat Forums!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokedmeatpun

Original poster
Oct 14, 2016
This is my first post in the forums. I have been cooking on charcoal/gas/flat top you name it for 20+ years and have recently decided to get into smoker cooking more seriously as a new adventure.

To start, I got what I believe to be a fairly standard electric smoker. I have used wood/charcoal side box smokers in the past but decided to go electric this time as I hear they are a bit easier to use and maintain.

I (currently) have a Master Forge Outdoor Electric Smoker/Griller (Red) Model #EBC1102L that I purchased used (for only $40!). Smells great and is seasoned well, so I have that going for me.

I would like to start with some of our favorites like baby back ribs, brisket and chicken breasts/whole chickens and hopefully by Thanksgiving be ready to smoke a bird (6 weeks away...gulp...).

I went online and downloaded/read the manual HERE and printed out pages 12-15 on basic operation for quick reference outside. I found this forum as I was looking for some tips for beginners (I am erasing everything I thought I knew so I can make smarter habits moving forward) and some good recipes to start using on my own.

If anyone has a moment, I would love to get your links on how to "Smoke Everything 101" LOL, links to easy to follow recipes, your tips and tricks for this particular smoker and any other worldly wisdom you wish to impart on me.
  • Started a gear list -> HERE​    
  • Updated my profile -> HERE
I look forward to being an active member of the forum: participating, learning a ton and eating even more!

Thanks for the info! I will fire-up the 5 day e-course tomorrow and post my experience with it. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky