Hello my name is

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

superbeek

Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Lemmon, SD
Hello all,
I have been using the forum here for a while, really enjoy the resource. I figure its time for me to stop being the creepy weird anonymous guy in the corner and join up! I currently live in Lemmon, South Dakota. I started out smoking with my dads bradly dorm fridge looking unit; those days ended when i entered the family rib cook off put 3 racks on and couldn't get the old girl over 210 degrees... no smoke ring, no victory, much sadness. My next smoker was an "el cheapo" charbroil offset. Im some flavor of traditionalist also i figured with a wood fire my heat woes would be a distant memory. Tending fire, maintaining temperatures and blocking the gaping holes in that sheet metal contraption entailed a bit of a learning curve, but it hooked me. I believe everyone should start with a piece of crap, as my gramma says "if you have it all now what will you have to look forward to?" Hated that line, if my dad had a dollar for every time he recited it to me... look at me now, things go full circle don't they. Early this year i bought a yoder kingman, sometimes i just go out to the garage and stare at her, tell her she's sexy, we have an amazing relationship that will endure the test of time. This summer a couple of friends and i started a catering business and we are working on having a small hole in the wall this summer, going to try to put on a cook once a week while also growing our little catering business. Its been a fun time, I love everything about bbq, its become a lifestyle for me. Excited to meat you all.

-michael aka: superbeek

Glad you finally decided to join us!

Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to seeing that Yoder in action!

Al

Hi Michael!   
welcome1.gif

This is a GREAT place to learn, Smoke and make some awesome friends!

Pull up a chair, grab a beverage and ENJOY!

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                           great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky