Hello & Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpthudsq

Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Hello! Love the site. I am 26 years old and have been smokin for going on 3 years now. I currently have to setups, an offset smoke/grill combo and small-ish electric smoker. I can and sell my sauce when I have the chance to make it. I am a welder by trade, so I am looking at expanding my repertoire and build a smokin trailer. I really like the size of a 100 gallon rf with vertical box. My only issue is, where is a good place to find a 100 gallon tank to start with???

Welcome.

You can check with propane sales locations to see if they have any that are not able to be tested. I have herd that some hav3 found them at metal scrap yards or you can look on Craigslist. I have seen a few just by driving around. It really depends on where you are located and timing, lots of people looking to do the same thing as yourself.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...

Post in the Craigslist wanted section.
Happy smoken.
David

Hello, good morning and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful and hot (again) East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just   about  everything

Gary

Thanks everyone... I pretty excited about getting my new project under way.. Will post the Q view as I go.... Now off to locate a tank... Wish me luck...

I forgot to say, I am some the beautiful state of NEBRASKA...

Try your Propane companies in your area, They usually have used tanks, if someone hasn't bought them up for smokers. 100 gal around here are really getting hard to find. 

Gary

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking forum. You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have. Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right. LOL. Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky