Hello from Western NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom the meat smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
Western North Carolina
Hello guys and gals. Just stumbled on this forum while looking for a good rub for my smoked chicken fajitas. I'm new to smoking meats. I have done a few pork shoulders over the past summer, leaving guests grazing all night on the left overs. But I know I can do better. My current set up is a Char-Griller dual purpose charcoal/gas grill. Although I haven't purchased the smoker box yet I have managed to figure out how to smoke using an indirect method. Just have to hover over it alot to be sure my temps don't get to high depending on the wood I use.

Reactions: Wood Chunk Chick
Welcome to the site, glad you joined. That was my first smoker also. It took allot of babysitting, but I managed to put out some good Q for a beginner.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky