Hello from Wales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LucasToutt

Original poster
Apr 22, 2019
Ynysybwl, Wales, UK
Bore da everyone,

I'm Lucas from a small town in South Wales called Ynysybwl, (un-iss-a-bull). Just thought I'd join up and say hi. I'm new to smoking and slow cooking but have already learned a ton from these pages and all you knowledgeable people, so thank you to everyone.

So far I've tried ribs with varied success, a couple of briskets and a pork shoulder (think you colonials call them butts?) yesterday that pulled apart like butter after following the advice I read in a post here.

Many, many thanks,
Lucas.

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin. Nice to have a British bloke around to smoke some ribs and share a pint. I have learned a treasure trove of wisdom on this page. What kind of rig are you using?

Welcome from Wisconsin. Nice to have a British bloke around to smoke some ribs and share a pint. I have learned a treasure trove of wisdom on this page. What kind of rig are you using?
Hi JC, It's just a (cheap) offset smoker I bought from a local garden centre, hoping that as I get better results from it the mrs will be willing to part with a more serious sum and get something like a Green Egg or Traeger.

Reactions: JC in GB
I started with a cheap box smoker then went to an offset charcoal smoker. I caught the bbq bug and am now upgrading to a Stump Baby.

Reactions: LucasToutt
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky