hello from Vegas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bomberchamp

Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
hi my name is Darren and I just got a master forge charcoal smoker for my birthday. I have never smoked anything until today, and I must say I'm dang proud of what I turned out. I bought Jeff's 5 day e course and ordered his rub and sauce recipe and then had at it on a couple racks of baby backs. The ribs came off just as the wife was getting home from work. I think I maybe foiled them a bit too long and built too hot of a fire as they were falling off the bone when moving them back on after the foil. I didn't do up a batch of sauce yet, just used some bottled I had on one rack, the others I left with just the rub on them. My wife said she had to have hers mopped with sauce so I only did one rack with sauce.
I will say the thermometer on the lid isn't all that accurate as compared to the digital probe unit I bought. That thing will be a life saver,I was grinning from ear to ear watching football and being ale to monitor smoker temp from the couch.:biggrin:

Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to smoking some more In the very near future.

I did take a pic on my I phone but don't know how to upload them.

Hi Darren! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

I'm not really sure how to upload pics from an iPhone but here is a tutorial on how to do it from a PC, maybe it will help:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/how-to-upload-a-photo-q-view-to-your-post

Just so you know since you are new if you post any pics our software will probably hold the post until a moderator can approve it. Just be patient and don't double post it because you don't see it show up right away, someone will get to it! We do this to keep the spammers out and so no one posts anything inappropriate until we get to know them. This only lasts until you make about 20 posts.

welcome1.gif
 and happy smoking my fellow lost wages smoker!!!!!! If you need wood, I know of a place in north town with all flavors.  Let me know. 

Thanks vegas, I went to allied charcoal and wood and bought a forty pound bag of lump and a small box of pecan chunks. I am going to experiment with different types of fruit woods and they sell quite a variety there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky