Hello from Upstate NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steven carr

Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Cobleskill NY
Hi everyone!  I'm from Upstate ny. And I have been smoking meat for about a year or so. And I'm addicted at the moment I'm smoking on a Smoke Hollow 38'' Propane upright smoker. It gets the job done and I've turned some great bbq. From it I'm looking to build my own RF smoker or I'm thinking of building a little smokehouse. Torn witch way to go. I do like idea of RF cuz then I could take it places and sell my bbq. 

I work for Canadian Pacific Railway  I'm a manager in the Signal Department. 

I'm married to a great wife that puts up with all my hobbys like Bbq, Fly Fishing, and Golfing 

Hope to make some new friends and get to know alot more out this all. I have lots of books. And I just a crap load of spices and rubs for Christmas 

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky