Hello from southern Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lilesk

Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Hello to all.

I have dabbled in smoking off and on for several years now and have had a few different cheap smokers. I am currently beginning to home process wild game and pork. I have always butchered them in the past however, I left the grinding, seasoning, and smoking to the butcher shop. Between my brother and I we have all the equipment we need other than a decent sized smoker. So I have decided to build my own That way I get exactly what I want. I started with a old steel fridge. I have a 1500 watt element, have built a smoke generator, and a PID controller. Now I need to assemble everything and build the racks and hangers. Hoping to have everything up and running by next weekend.

Thanks Ken

welcome1.gif
Sounds like  a great start that's how I did it. Make sure you come on over to roll call  so we can all give you a proper welcome.. And remember the search bar will soon be your  best friend

Welcome aboard

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

I live just outside Medford. Been here for about 6 years. Prior to that we lived in Roseburg for a couple years. And before that we lived in Crow (SW of Eugene) for 33 years. I have been taking pics and will post when I get a chance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky