Hello from south Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Geauxsmoke

Original poster
Apr 27, 2019
I been smoking sausage for a few years now. Just starting to experiment with
Different meat. I have a homemade wood smoker and just got a small
Electric smoker. Looking forward to getting advice and tips
Thanks and laissez les bon Tom roo-lay

Reactions: JC in GB
I been smoking sausage for a few years now. Just starting to experiment with
Different meat. I have a homemade wood smoker and just got a small
Electric smoker. Looking forward to getting advice and tips
Thanks and laissez les bon Tom roo-lay
WElcome to SMF....where bouts you live in Louisiana?

My sister had a Weber kettle. When we took the Tabasco factory tour, there was a gift shop selling bags of Tabasco wood chunkss for BBQ, for only $5.

I got a bag and showed them how to run their Weber as a smoker. The wood is rough chunks; it's retired oak aging barrels, run through a shredder and probably sorted by magnets to catch hardware. When I soaked it, it put a red tint in the water.

Reactions: indaswamp
Welcome to the show, happy to have ya join up.

Chris

D94A3D68-40C6-482F-9F6E-C4D907706A28.jpeg
896CA7FB-5403-45FA-AA3E-E02AB8E01412.jpeg
Small world...I'm in Gonzales. Post some pics. of your wood smoker....
. You right small world I don’t have any of the smoker it is actually an old bread warmer from a lunchroom that I wrapped with wood I stripped the wood off a few weeks ago to replace it I can get about 50# of sausage in it at a time

bread warmer....nice!
I looked and looked for one when I went to build my smokehouse. Never found one so build without it. My smokehouse is 2.5'X2.5'X6.5'tall... 36cu.ft. of volume. I can hang 125# of sausages in my smokehouse. WE do a huge processing day after deer season and make a lot of sausages. This year we processed 637# of meat-pork and deer.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky