Hello From Richland, WA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rockyballbuster

Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Thanks for reading my first post.  Have a MAK 2 star, and a little experience smoking a mean salmon on my Little Chief, ha ha.  I've hit up a tenderloin and a fish fillet on the MAK and they both turned out great.  Next I'm gonna do a pork butt, for some pulled pork.  Ive been reading the crap out of many forum posts on this subject, and have narrowed it down to a hickory smoke, Western Carolina Vinegar Sauce and a great sounding slaw.  I am still open to suggestions. Thanks again for reading.  RBB

6c56efad_DogswithGrill2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, welcome from the wet side of the mountains.  Sounds like you're off to a great start.  If you haven't already, be sure to sign up for the 5 day course.  No matter your experience level there's something there for you.  There's many other members here who live in the PNW so you'll be swamped soon enough with the Howdies!!!!!  Please remember if you have any questions at all, no matter how silly or stupid you might think it is, we don't operate that way.  If you asked, it's important to you and that makes it important to us. 

Now I gotta go see what a MAK looks like.  See, I learned something new today too.

~Dave

Dave, you will be pleased to see MAK's made in the great NW, near Portland.  You can see the quality, and the customer service is out of this world.  RBB

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

welcome1.gif

Joe

Rocky, Morning. Nice to have another Nor-Westerner here. Lots of great "stuff" on this site. Enjoy the smokey ride.  

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I'm a bit south of you in Portland, OR..... go PNW! I see you have the single most important piece of smoking equiptment already - official taste testers! LOL

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!    

welcome1.gif

Welcome to SMF. This is place to get all the knowledge or help you need. Lots of good people with great help for any question you may have.

Happy Smoking

Doug

Welcome to the forum.  I've been through Richland once.  My wife has two nephews that live there.  Small world.

I just smokes a pork shoulder just last week and made it with the carolina vinegar turn out great didn't  yield much meat tho. I had about a 5lb I think took 10 hrs. good luck

WooHoo!! Always fun to see another PNW-er on the forum!  That's a real nice looking rig there.  Nice to see you've got your sous chefs at the ready; ours is 1/4 rottie. Cheers!

Hello,l and welcome to the SMF. Good idea in reading the different forums, there is a lot of great information here, thanks to some friendly folks. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky