Hello from Ontario

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seth d

Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Durham Ontario
  Greetings from the north.  I am currently on the hunt for my perfect smoker/ grill combo.  My dad used to always be grilling and smoking our food and I am really starting to miss it.  Having moved away and bought my own house now I am looking for the right set-up that I will be using.  Knowing all too well the havoc that Canadian winters can do to masonry and concrete, I am trying not to rush into things. 

I am a brick and stone mason.  I am married to a wonderful woman who for the most part lets me amuse myself with my little projects.  We have three kids who keep us pretty busy as well.  I like to keep busy working on my house or in my yard.  Six months out of the year I enjoy riding my motorcycle... Although I did manage to ride it last Dec when we had a heat wave driving the temp up to 8 C.

I look forward to getting to know you all at least a little bit.  I am pretty familiar to bricking houses but building a brick/stone smoker will be new to me so I will probably be looking for some pointers.

Welcome to SMF, Seth
welcome1.gif

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky