Hello from Mid TN. Cool site !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frogdog

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
  A big hello here from Murfreesboro, Tn. I've been lurking around here and soaking up knowledge from you good folks for a while now. I've been grillin,smokin, and fryin up stuff for over 20 yrs now. I've got a very well seasoned BGE and a new since Xmas MES. I did a 9lb butt on Sunday on the MES for a family get together and as we say in the south, "I showed out". Everyone said it may have been the best they had ever eaten. From the vinegar "finishing sauce", to the cooking temps,meat temps,when to wrap,etc...I got all the right info,right here. Thank you guys for that. I'll chime in if I can add something, if not I'll keep learning. C'mon warm weather!!!!!

Welcome from Maryland. Glad you smoke work out so well. This forum has helped even me, I have read as much as I think I could. Everytime I has a question I search and find the answers are already here. Enjoy , I know your family will.

Hey Frogdog

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answere—all right.  LOL  Don’t forgt to post qviews.

Gary

[h3]
texas.gif
Hey frogdog, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome from Spartanburg, SC. Nothing quite like smoking meat. I hope to show out this Saturday with a 10lb butt and 4 racks of baby backs. As soon as I can figure out how to use Qview, I'll get some pics going.

Quick question, at what temp did you wrap your butt? Did you pull it between 195-200? Last one I did was a little bit mushy, I think I took the IT a little too high before I pulled.

Welcome neighbor,

I am from Murfreesboro and still work there but live in College Grove now. Good to see folks close to home...

Welcome to SMF frogdog! As you have found, we have a large number of folks here that are willing to share what they know. Glad to hear that you "showed out"!
Also please take a few minutes to update your profile as to your location. That way when you talk about weather related issues we'll know where you are.

Enjoy the Smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky