Hello from Maryland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chesapeakesmoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Indialantic, FL
Hi Everyone,

My Name is J.T. I live just south of Annapolis Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay and have been smoking for about 4 years on a modified offset and master built electric smoker. I just now joined the forum but have been lurking as a guest for awhile now as my cooks have improved greatly since finding Smoking-Meat.com. I want to say thanks for all of the great information and I am looking forward to much more. I am currently in the market for a new smoker and I pretty much have it down to what I want (Lang Hybrid Deluxe Patio) and what makes the most sense for my situation (Yoder YS640). I think the next things I look forward to learning are jerky, sausage and bacon and will be searching for tips.

Thanks,

J.T.

Welcome from Frederick county Md. This is a great fourm. Nice to see more Marylanders here. Keep an eye on Dealers F.D. they raffle a Lang 48 last year. Maybe they will again this year, and you live so close. Happy smoking.

Yes, I entered that raffle last year that Deale Fire Dept. put on but not sure they will do it again as it took the whole year to get enough entries. I think the drawing was finally on Nov. 1st unless it was planed that way.

Reactions: gone4nc
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

I was 1 number away from winning that raffle!! Imagine my disappointment when I was reading the numbers and getting happier as I went until I reached that last number... :(

That being said, I am also now looking to buy a Lang soon. PCC was up there, but they're pricey. Lang is my top choice because they seem to be the best bang for your buck. I will be down in southeast Alabama soon, so I can pick it up on my way home and save 700 bucks on shipping to MN.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky