Hello from Long Island, NY!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stylez78

Original poster
Jun 15, 2023
Hey all,

Avid fan of Smoking-meats.com and decided to finally register and join. I used to smoke using a propane smoker for a few years but now I have decided to try and up my game some. I know the North-East is not main BBQ country but we love our smoked meats here just as much and I'm hoping to produce some damn fine BBQ with a little forum help i'm sure!

Welcome from Nova Scotia

Glad you joined and now , some show and tell, and some fun also.

I am little more North -East from you and and it's smoking and BBQ country up here. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sunglasses: 🤠

I have family in East Northport. but they does not smoke or BBQ:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:
Bad side of the family, lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: Stylez78
I know the term BBQ is very subjective based on where you are from but to me, if it is cooked with wood / charcoal it BBQ..lol

I actually just finished putting together my Akorn Kamado I bought few weeks ago and it finally arrived. I'm looking into an off-set as well for maybe a "true" smoker as I have heard the Akorn kamado can be lacking in that authentic smoke flavor, still for the price if it will suffice as a grill for steaks and burgers and I can use an off-set for all those good prok butts, briskets, ribs etc I'll be in heaven!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to your post and pics. You know we like show and tell around here.

Jim

Reactions: Stylez78
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky