Hello From Kansas City

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ernest_o

Original poster
Aug 13, 2018
I am planning to build a wooden electric smokehouse using a Venturi smoke generator with a digital temperature controller. I plan to build a 2x4 frame about 3' wide, 2' deep and 4' to 5' tall. My thought is to line it with concrete Backer board and cover over that with aluminum sheeting. Install fiberglass insulation then on the outside cover it with plywood milled siding. First I am nearly complete with my smoke generator but wondering if the aquarium air pump I have purchased will be adequate. Any thoughts on any of this would be appreciated.

Thanks Warren, I have already gotten some ideas from one poster. I am curious about his 55,000 BTU heater. For about an equivalent interior volume, I had planned to build a 1000 watt heater from a roll of nichrome heater coil I have which would be about 3,410 BTU. Wondering how much I really need as I had planned to insulate my box as he did.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky